Friday 15 March 2013

Last night I was pretty wiped so didnt post. I had watched the video Allison uploaded of you walking and to be honest it was just bloody emotional I got myself exhausted by crying!! Silly huh but the overwhelming pride, love & happiness just combusted out of me** I hear from Lau that you will be showing Evelyn your steps in a bit, how exciting she will be your lil cutie cheerleader. She is at school today & will see you after. I know the girls & ur mum were in this morning as I saw the car in my drive. I still dont have curtains up in my room & keep forgetting to not walk around in my granny pants & vest with my crazy morning hair!! I was prancing around the other morning & just spotted Alli sat in her car gettin her bag ready to come into you, I fell to the floor embarrassed coz she so totally would have seen me if she had looked up, maybe she saw me before I saw her, haha!?!?
Me & Joey came into you last night & Dad, Kaylea, Katy Mapes & Beaks were there too. You looked so radiant & strong & not as tired as you have been. We had a laugh all touching your spongey squidge side of your scalp, its like a water bed, so bloody cool haha. Katy & Joey cringed but did it coz you told them too haha! Joey also licked a peanut butter cracker even though she is disgusted by peanuts & nearly threw up, again she did this as a dare coz you told her too haha! You were on form funny! You were thinking of new nicknames for yourself, the funniest being Sponge bob Strokey!! "Dont u go stroking on me!" (jim Carey voice of course!!) Haha how you come up with this is beyond me, you just have totally embraced that this has happened to you & not showing any anger or negativity which is bloody strength of an army right there. You are so brilliant Rhubarb!! <3 <3
We read through all your cards (all 53 of them!! miss popular) & were giggling away at some memories people included. Carries admission of your thieving at Garrets on your £1.50 an hr wage haha & Charlottes lovely essay including the day we came over & Evelyn wouldnt sleep & you went in to check her & she was picking sock fluff out of her toes & putting it in her minnie mouse bag, I had forgotten this & was hysterical giggling remembering it** You had physio today & walked a short length of the hallway & also backwards again, Dave called that moonwalking :) You did it all with the most gorgeous smile & Alli put it on facebook & you had so many comments of support & love. Your just doing so brilliantly. Jaspers napping just now but Im gonna show him the vid when he wakes. He had his settle morning at his new pre-school today & absolutely loved it. His friend Hayden goes there & they hugged & him & these two other boys all held hands & took Jaspey to go play. So bloody cute* You had the Occupational therapist in to see you today whilst you showered so she could teach you techniques to adapt to help you in every day life. Alli helped & the OT also showed Alli ways to help you use your left arm & hand. Your speech & language therapist came in too & said your improvements are remarkable. She said your vocabulary & intonation are great & an improvemnet on last week (which she said last week was brilliant!!) I was going to pop in with Jaspey today but he is still asleep (pre-school wiped him out!) & I know your nan is in just now & Lorraine is bringing boo in after school so I will come in tomorrow instead. Yesterday I forgot to say you have this new contraption that you put your left arm in when you eat & it mirrors your actions of your right arm & hand & makes your brain remember & register the same actions to prompt your left side again :) very cool little invention!!

Okay few hours later now after I wrote the first bit of this post. Ive found out that this morning you walked forward & back three times the length of the corridor!!! You are bloody brilliant, such an incredible achievement, bloody hell. Superstar!!
Alli sent me some pics of your physio therapy session. She has been in on quite a few of them now & so enjoyed helping you. Laura & Lorraine came to see you walking today also. Proudest family ever** You txt everyone just now also to say you are being moved to Chichester on Monday, much sooner than thought but all your progress & plans have accelarated since the doctors realised how determined & able you are :) Love u darling, night night. Love & light**


note how different your Patient chart is from last pic! Full diet baby**



No comments:

Post a Comment